Welcome to Soul Streams LIVE Experiences + FREE Events
I’d like to invite you to walk in the way of wholeness with me this year as we explore what it looks like to create a whole new way forward. Click here for the complimentary Walking in the Way of Wholeness experience, which will also ensure you receive notifications about upcoming LIVE offerings and new Soul Streams journeys. Wishing you joy in the journey.
2017 SOUL STREAMS LIVE OFFERING / EVENTS
True Love and You • 2/14/17
WHAT IS LOVE? WHO YOU ARE + WHY YOU CAME TO BE
We are moving toward a more complete understanding of what Love is and it begins with who we are. “Now we know in part. Then we shall know fully, even as we are fully known.” In the video below, Dawn shares 1 Corinthians chapter 13, which you may read in full below the video. We explore the task of finding love without condition within and returning to the whole of who we are as love as a pathway to true freedom.
1 Corinthians, chapter 13 “the Love Chapter” is a treasured text from the Christian tradition. Hear again words that may be familiar to those whose lives have intersected with traditional Christianity. While the apostle Paul is much maligned for what he got wrong, there is a clear truth to be found in his words. His words are very resonant for me personally and I believe they ring true and have something to offer to us collectively.
Enjoy the video below, then consider read through the passage again, asking your soul to guide you to where you could embrace a higher vision of love in your life. Similar journeys exploring my two favorite treasured texts from the Christian tradition available for just $1: Gospel of John, Hebrews Whatever your faith tradition, I wish you great love and true love, the kind that begins with the whole of who you are.
- Am I sharing my soul gifts from a place of love? How might I begin with love today?
- When I give to others in my life, do I do so from a place of true love? How might I begin with love today?
- How can I bring love to the places I am envious, boastful, full of pride or self-seeking? Today how can I rejoice with truth?
- How will I trust, hope and persevere in my life and life’s work today?
- How have you seen in your own life that “love never fails”? How will you celebrate this truth today?
- Consider what it will feel like to “see face to face,” to know fully” even as you are fully known.
- Choose a way to express your gratitude to God today for all the ways faith, hope and love are present in your life and in our world.
- Share the love in whatever way you feel led to do so. You might choose one simple way to put true love into action, tell someone how their presence has been love in your life, or pass this Soul Streams LIVE event on to others. Above all else, love is who you are. It is why we have come to be.
1 Corinthians 13 Full Text
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
ATTUNED COLORING EXPERIENCE TO OPEN TO LOVE